The Dominator Flex-A-Door® is an innovative new product that allows you to get rid of that old rickety Tilt Garage Door and replace it with a far superior roller-sectional hybrid.
The Flex-A-Door features the famous Dominator Rolling Garage Door curtain, fitted on a curving track, so the curtain lifts from a vertical position up into a horizontal position, close to the ceiling. It is the perfect alternative when you are looking to replace your existing tilt door, or in situations where you have restricted headroom in your garage or carport.
The Flex A-Door features the famous Dominator Roll-A-Door® curtain, fitted on a curving track, so the curtain lifts from a vertical position up into a horizontal position, close to the ceiling – providing a clean, neat appearance on both the outside and inside.
The horizontal lines of the ribbed door curtain match our existing roller door and will compliment most home styles.
Designed to be operated with an automatic garage door opener, we recommend our Dominator Sectional Door Opener Range for trouble free access to your garage and home.
Lifting vertically, you will be able to park directly in front of your garage unlike tilt doors which swing outwards first.
No more dangerous springs at the side. The Flex-A-Door encloses its springs within the horizontal tracks well away from little fingers.
Purpose designed Retractable head infill panel moves with the door to leave the opening free when the door is open but removes any large gap at the top when the door is closed. This, along with the door overlapping the opening reduces drafts and stops rain from entering your garage.
SMOOTH, QUIET OPERATION
- Nylofelt® running strips and nylon rollers with bearings ensuring your door slides up and down with minimal effort
- Plastic insert in the horizontal track providing smooth quiet operation
EASE OF OPERATION
Your Flex-A-Door will continue to be easy to open and close, with features such as:
- Limited headroom required above the walk-in height requirement, with a Roll-A-Door curtain, moving like a sectional door
- Nylofelt® running strips for effortless sliding action
- Door can be left open at any height, giving the added convenience of allowing the door to be partially opened for ventilation, while providing privacy when working in the garage
The Flex-A-Door will enhance the appearance of your home with a quality finish and colour options including:
- An extensive range of colours to choose from, enough choices to suit any exterior
- Roll-A-Door curtain for a clean, neat appearance
- Stylishly designed centre lift lockHidden extension spring providing a tidy, uncluttered finish
- Flex-A-Door fits behind the opening and does not protrude forward, like jamb or canopy type tilting doors – this means the door can be fitted to openings with unusual shapes, such as arches, etc
- In situations where a Flex-A-Door and a Roll-A-Door may be installed next to each other, or in close proximity, the two doors match
Recommended Clearance Requirements with Retractable Head Infil Panel:
- Manual Headroom – 80mm
- Headroom with opener – 130mm Minimum
- Sideroom – 100mm Minimum
- Drivethrough Height – Opening Height Less 40mm
Notes on Flex-A-Door® Headroom:
- Headroom is the amount of height, measured from the the bottom of the lintel to the ceiling or lowest ceiling obstruction, that the door requires for operation.
- If headroom clearance is 160mm or more, you can use a standard door without a Retractable Head Infil Panel with no impact on opening height.
- If headroom clearance is 210mm or more, you can use a standard door without a Retractable Head Infil Panel with an opener with no impact on opening height.
- If aesthetics are not important (you don’t mind the top 200mm of curtain curving inwards), Flex-A-Door® requires 40mm headroom or 130mm headroom if an opener is to be installed without a Retractable Head Infil Panel. (This may allow birds etc. to enter the garage.)
Available in Zincalume and an extensive range of Pre-painted colour options.
The colours in this gallery are intended as a guide only. If colour selection is critical, please request a steel colour sample from your Dominator Sales Person. Powder coating is also an attractive option if your preferred colour is not shown. Please make contact with your Dominator dealer for advice and samples.
- Double bar centre lift lock, with internal turn knob for easier operation.
- New 6 wafter lock barrel design, featuring a much sturdier locking mechanism that is highly pick resistant.
- Can be manually operated
A Flex A-Door can be opened by hand with minimal effort. In the case of manual operation, a centre-lift key lock is fitted. In multiple door situations, locks can be keyed alike if required.
When automated, we recommend a Flex A-Door be fitted with an Automatic Opener. With a garage door opener fitted, no manual locking mechanism is required. The Opener is geared so that the door cannot be pushed or pulled open from the outside.
The garage today is used to store many different valuable objects, and in some cases is converted into another room, so weather protection is an important feature of any garage door. Flex-A-Door features:
- Quality Pre-painted, Zinc-based steel to stand up to the harsh New Zealand climate
- A weatherseal with deep cushioning helping restrict entry of water and leaves. On slightly uneven floors it reduces the gap for a better fit
- A curtain that fits behind the opening and runs on a track, so Flex-A-Door won’t blow shut in the wind like a tilt door can, and Flex-A-Door also restricts the wind from blowing through the entry way as can happen with tilt doors, which fit within the opening and therefore have a gap on each side
Your Flex-A-Door will continue to operate like new, with features such as:
- Springs designed to exceed the Australian Standard for garage doors – 20,000 cycles
- The Roll-A-Door steel curtain providing a more rigid, stronger door
Safety should be a key consideration when selecting your garage door, as door failures can cause serious injury. The following safety features have been built in to your Flex-A-Door:
- Extension springs enclosed and above head height – well out of the reach of children
- No moving brackets or door supports which could act as finger or arm entrapments
The Flex-A-Door includes additional security features for peace of mind, such as:
- Waist height lock for ease of use and added security
- Pick resistant lock design
- The locking system is difficult to tamper with, as Flex-A-Door fits behind the opening, so security is improved
It’s important to have peace of mind when you make a purchase, that’s why your Dominator sectional door comes with the following warranty:
- 5 years for steel door curtain & associated labour, 1 year for surface coating, locking mechanism & all other components & associated labour.
- Industrial/Commercial use – 1 year for all components & labour.
Free Measure and Quote